About Dr. Andres
Dr. Andres was born and raised in Niagara Falls, New York and attended local schools. He is a summa cum laude graduate of Niagara University with a BS degree in Natural Sciences/Biology. He earned his Medical Degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo; he completed his residency locally and is Board Certified in Family Medicine.
Dr. Andres is a member of the medical staff at Mt. St. Mary’s Hospital in Lewiston, NY. In the past, he served as Director of the Family Medicine Residency Program at Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center, where he also served as President of the Medical Staff. He was also Clinical Director of the Tuscarora Reservation Health Center for over 10 years. He has served as a flight surgeon in the Air Force where he achieved a rank of Lt. Colonel. He served for over 20 years as the Team Physician for Niagara University’s Division I Men’s basketball team. He is on the clinical Faculty of the Jacobs School of Medicine, University of Buffalo, and has been awarded the Siegel Award for Excellence in Teaching. He has also been named a Family Medicine “Top Doctor” in Buffalo Spree magazine. A strong proponent of education, Dr. Andres serves on the Board of the Youngstown Free Library and has served as a member of the school board for the Lewiston Porter school district.
Dr. Andres and his wife Claudia, reside in Youngstown, NY. They have six children. His recreational interests include; history, gardening, sailing and music: he plays guitar and bass in local bands. He has also been a long suffering fan of local sports teams.
State University of New York at Buffalo
Doctorate of Medicine
Bachelors of Science in Natural Sciences/Biology
American Board of Family Medicine
Don’t Delay Getting Care
Don’t put your healthcare needs on hold. Whether you have a specific health concern or it’s time for an annual wellness visit, we’re here to provide you with the care you need in a safe environment.
- To keep you and our staff safe, we have put the following safeguards in place.
Patients will be prescreened on the phone before the visit to ensure anyone with symptoms consistent with a risk of COVID infection do not come to the office.
- When arriving at the office, patients will be required to:
- Have their temperature taken and answer additional Covid-19 specific questions.
- Wear a facemask or a cloth face covering, in accordance with the CDC guidelines.
- To maintain social distancing in our waiting areas, patients will be asked to stay a minimum of six-feet away from others.
- We are limiting the office visits to the patient only, but if you must have a companion at your visit, please make sure only one person accompanies you and is also wearing a facemask.
- Our offices are continuing our regular practice of sanitizing each room after patients are seen.
- All the staff are wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure everyone’s safety.
If you do not feel comfortable coming into the office, we offer telephone or video visits to discuss your symptoms and determine the most appropriate treatment plan, including recommending an in-office visit when necessary.